When a Growth Simulation is applied to a resource, the resource appears to grow incrementally in the specified direction (or shrink, in the case of Resource Appearance Profiles with the Remove action selected) over the course of the task. Growth Simulations can be used to quickly and easily indicate the direction of construction.
- In Navigator> Resource Appearance Profiles, create a new user defined user profile by right clicking in the window then selecting Add
- Rename the profile and ensure it is highlighted
- In the General tab, choose the Action (eg. Install)
- In Active Appearance, select the desired direction from the Growth Simulation dropdown (Bottom to Top, Top to Bottom, Left to RIght, Right to Left, Front to Back, or Back to Front)
- Create a separate Resource Appearance profile for each direction you wish to use.
See this video for a step by step demonstration: https://youtu.be/U2Rweied2FI?list=PLwivaFFXYOsFIn6S2anPYFxLOgPC2uzsJ
If the direction you wish to have you resource grow is not one of the standards in the list, you can also create a custom growth simulation direction:
- Create a cutting plane perpendicular to the direction you want the resource to grow
- Create a custom Resource Appearance profile and choose the Type (Install, Remove, etc) and desired Colours for Start, Active, and End Apppearance
- With the new Resource Appearance Profile selected in the Navigator>Resource Appearance Profiles, open Navigator>Cutting Planes. Highlight the new cutting plane and select the "Use as Growth Direction" button.
- In Navigator>Resource Appearance Profiles, you will see that the Growth Simulation has been set to Custom and the Growth Direction field has been updated. You can now apply your Resource Appearance Profile to any resource assignments.
See this video for a step by step demonstration: https://youtu.be/ofgFFlxXC44?list=PLwivaFFXYOsFIn6S2anPYFxLOgPC2uzsJ