With both the object and task selected, the Assign Selected Resources menu command is greyed out.
When I try to assign using another method (eg. Ctrl + Shift + A), I receive this message:
The 3D object you have selected cannot be assigned to the task because it is not a Resource. This is likely true for the whole BIM file. To confirm this, check for the file in the Resources window.
In Synchro, a 3D object cannot be assigned to a task directly. All 3D objects must first be assigned to Resources (Material, Equipment, Location, Human).
To create Resources from the 3D objects,
1. Select the file that contains the 3D object in the 3D Objects window, at the filename node (eg. Office Building.dwf)
2. Right click and select Resources Wizard. This will guide you through the Resource creation process (as you normally would on import).
3. Choose Assign to a new Resource
4. Enter the relevant details, and choose the Resource Type.
5. Choose the bottom option, Add Resources underneath, build tree. This will replicate the 3D tree for the file as the Resource tree, giving you the most flexibility when assigning to tasks.
6. When the 3D objects are Resources, you will be able to assign them to tasks.