I have a recourse linked with both the parent and child task. When I unassigned the recourse from the parent it will also be unassigned from the child task. Is there a way to avoid this?
|Company||Robertson Construction Group|
The command "Unassign from 'Assigned to' Task(s)" will always unassign the selected resources from ALL tasks that they are assigned to.
To unassign a resource from just the parent task,
1. select the parent task
2. In Task Properties>Resources, select the resource to be unassigned, but do NOT select the resource with the (Indirect) label
3. Right click on the selected assignment and choose Unassign
Alternatively, if you want to unassign from multiple tasks at once:
1. Select the Resource in the 3D window or Resources list
2. In Resource Properties>Tasks, select the tasks you want to unassign the resource from
3. Right click and choose Unassign