I have exported a revit model with shared parameters of "Task duration" with integer values representing duration in days, f.x. Task duration: 10
How do I transfer this "Task duration" value from the linked object to the task field "duration" in syncho?
In addition to this, how to sum several durations if the the task has multiple objects linked to it?
I have tried to script it using UFV, but no success, as I am not an expert in it.
Thank you for any input.
One possible way to do this is to use User Field formulas:
1. In the User Fields window, right click to Add
2. Set the Category to Task, Type to String and Calculation Type to Calculate
3. Press the Edit button to open the Formula Editor
The formula should be
STRING(SUM(RESOURCE. UFV("Task Duration")))+"d"
this will sum the value of the the Resource User Field of all assigned resources and convert it to a text string with a "d" at the end (for days)
4. From the Analyse ribbon, select "Recalculate Values"
5. Use the settings shown in the image below (labeled 5)
6. Add the new Task User Field column to the task list
7. Make sure no task filters are applied, then in the Gantt chart, Ctrl+A to select all
8. Hold Ctrl then left click in the Task User Field column to select it
9. Right click in the one of the cells of the selected column and choose "Copy Tasks as Text"
10. Right click in the TOP cell of the Duration column and choose "Paste Tasks as Text" this will replace the duration with the calculated values