Is it possible into Synchro to create a graph with the concrete quantity. Our client request a graph to be able to pay on time with the real quantity.
With the timeline, we would like to see the growth of the concrete quantities.
Thanks for your answer.
|Company||BOUYGUES BATIMENT NORD EST|
If you have Volume User Field assigned to the 3D Resources:
1. If the User field is of Type=String, then you will need to create a new Resource UF of Type Number. You may wish to rename the String type UF e.g. Volume (string) - UFs cannot have duplicate names
Select the string type UF and right click to "Copy Values to Associated Objects. then select the new UF for the Destination User Field
2. Create a Task User Field with Type=Number and Calculation Type=Calculate
The formula is: SUM(RESOURCE.UFV("Volume"))
where Volume should be replace by the name of your Resource User Field if it's different
3. Since other non-concrete resources may have the Volume UF assigned, you should create a filter to show only the concrete items you wish to track. Then select those objects of interest and right click in the 3D window to "Select Assigned to Task(s)"
4. From the Analyse ribbon, select "Recalculate Values". Make sure to choose the "Selected" option for "Processed Objects" - this will calculate the Task User Field only for the selected concrete tasks. If you have other Calculated UFs in your project, you should also choose "Selected" for "User Fields to Recalculate" and make sure that the new Task UF is selected in the User Fields window list
5. Now that you have a total volume of concrete per task - you can turn on Windows>User Field Graph . In the Navigator>User Fields window check the box next to your calculated Task UF to show it in the graph. In the properties panel, disable "Draw in UF Graph", and enable "Draw cumulative in UF Graph"
Now the cumulative concrete installed will be shown below the Gantt chart. The one caveat is that the total volume of concrete per task is added to the cumulative graph at the BEGINNING of the task rather than the end
This graph can be included in AVI Exports or Printed if desired
You now have a few options if you want to get more precise:
A. You could now export or copy/paste the Task table to Excel to create a graph that shows the volume being added at the end of the task
B. You could create a second Task User Field that calculates the total volume only for tasks that are set to the Finished Status and sum this to the top of the WBS to get a total value of finished concrete. The Formula would be: IF( LEAF, IF(FINISHED, SUM( UFV("Concrete volume")), 0), SUM(TASK.UFV("Finished Volume"))))
Select the tasks you want to calculate, including the parent WBS tasks, then press Recalculate Values with the following settings.
Recalculate Values repeatedly until the top level WBS is evaluated giving the total finished concrete volume for all finished tasks.
Again, you can now export or copy/paste the Task table to Excel to create a graph that shows the volume being added at the end of the task
C. You can create a generic concrete resource to assign to the concrete tasks and assign the total concrete volume in the Task UF as the Planned Units in order to take advantage of the time-distributed Resource Usage Spreadsheet which will give spread the concrete volume evenly over the task and can show the planned volume in day, week, or month increments.
1. Create a Material Resource and in Resource Properties>General>Quantities, check the box for "Renewable"
2. Assign the new Resource to all of the concrete tasks
3. Make sure the concrete Resource is selected and open Analyse>Synchro Script and paste the following Script:
RESOURCE(SELECTED).ASSIGNMENT SET_PROPERTY(PLANNED_WORK, TASK.UFV("Concrete volume"))
This will set the value from the calculated Task UF as the Planned Units for the selected resource
Press Preview and then Run
You can check (and edit if desired) the assigned units in Task Properties>Resources
4. Deselect all Resources, then open Windows>Resource Usage Spreadsheet. Right click in the right side under the Timeline and Customise Fields to show Cumulative>Planned Units. Then right click again under the Timeline to Edit Timescale and set the Timeline step as desired
5. Select the generic concrete resource in the Resources window the cumulative volume of concrete planned to be installed as of each time step is shown per assigned Task. The top summary row by the resource name shows the total volume planned over all tasks
6. As you update the schedule with actual start and finish dates, you can run the following script to set actual quantities of concrete installed to date
RESOURCE(SELECTED).ASSIGNMENT SET_PROPERTY(ACTUAL_WORK_WORK, TASK(FINISHED).UFV("Concrete volume"))
Then you can Customise Fields in the spreadsheet to show Actual Units
7. The Resource Usage Spreadsheet can be exported to Excel for graphing there by right clicking under the TImeline and choosing "Export to Excel." Iin the Save As dialog, CSV format is preferable (and is necessary for projects with long timelines as there is a column limit for the XLS export). There is a Resource Usage graph in Synchro, but there are a couple bugs in the current version (5.4) so I would recommend using Excel to graph for now (these bugs should be fixed for the next major release in 2018)